What is the MELT Method?
- The MELT Method® (MELT®) is a revolutionary self-care system designed to help you improve performance, and eliminate the mental and physical stress that accumulates from daily living, before it causes persistent pain and dysfunctions.
- Using soft rollers and balls, MELT blends mindful meditation and breathwork techniques to help boost the body’s natural healing mechanisms with self-myofascial restorative techniques that simulate hands-on therapeutic practices.
- This preventative, proactive approach known as Hands-Off Bodywork® is a simple, daily self-care practice anyone, at any age or activity level, can use to effectively improve their sense of wellbeing and live a more active, healthy, pain-free life.
What Benefits does MELT Offer?
- MELT creates results you will see and feel in the first session. Over time MELT heightens your body’s ability to repair and heal itself, which can create remarkable lasting changes.
- MELT improves:
- Alignment & posture
- The results of exercise
- Joint mobility
- Sleep & digestion
- Overall well-being
- MELT reduces:
- Aches & pains
- Appearance of cellulite
- Tension & stress
- The risk of injury
How does MELT work?
- Daily living creates stress and tension within your body. Physical stressors may range from sitting at a desk to running a marathon. Emotional, mental, and environmental stressors also put strain on your body.
- The repetitive stress of daily living literally gets stuck in the connective tissue, which surrounds every joint, muscle, nerve, bone, and organ. “Stuck stress” accumulates and causes dehydration in the connective tissue, which interferes with the nervous system’s ability to regulate itself and slows down the body’s natural healing process.
- This creates a domino effect that begins with aches and stiffness and leads to common health issues such as neck and low back pain, headaches, insomnia, digestive problems, and injury. Accelerated aging and chronic health problems can follow, leaving us with limited options such as medication, surgery, and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle.
- When the connective tissue is hydrated and free of stuck stress, your body functions more efficiently and natural healing occurs daily. MELT is a breakthrough technique that directly addresses stuck stress and slows down the aging process by rehydrating the connective tissue and rebalancing the nervous system. No other self-care method directly treats these two systems – including nutrition, exercise, or meditation.
Who is MELT for?
- MELT is for anyone who wants to slow down the aging process and live pain-free. For those over 40 who want to stay active, mobile, and independent – MELT is a must. MELT is also for active younger adults and athletes who want to maintain a fit, healthy body and achieve optimal performance without debilitating wear and tear. Even children can benefit from MELT.
- Even if you are injured, post-surgery, overweight, pregnant, sedentary, out of shape or have limited mobility, chronic pain, knee or hip replacements, or bone disorders – you can still MELT. It’s the best starting point for any exercise and wellness program.
Why should I MELT?
- MELT quickly rehydrates connective tissue and allows the body to release long-held tension and stress that leads to chronic pain. MELT is easy to learn and offers results you will see and feel the first time you try it. Changes in alignment, flexibility, energy, mood, and performance occur within only a few sessions. Best of all, your body feels great long after you MELT! The results that MELT provides were previously available only through ongoing, costly hands-on therapies.
- Now you can be your own Hands-off Bodyworker® and be in control of your health.
When and how often should I MELT?
- If you suffer from chronic pain, it’s best to MELT for 10 minutes a day up to one hour before bedtime to achive a better night’s sleep, a key factor in eliminating pain and helping your body repair itself.
- If you’re active, MELT before strength training to improve your stability and prepare your body for activity. MELT after a strenuous cardiovascular workout or sports performance to erase joint compression and stiffness, assist in recovery, and restore muscle synergy.
Who created MELT?
- Sue Hitzmann, MS, CST, NMT, is a manual therapist, exercise physiologist, and founding member of the Fascia Research Society. She is an accredited industry leader and internationally recognized educator in the fitness and therapeutic industries.
- In her New York Times bestselling book The MELT Method: A Breakthrough Self-Treatment System to Eliminate Chronic Pain, Erase the signs of Aging, and Feel Fantastic in Just 10 Minutes a Day!, currently published in eight languages, Hitzmann has brought this easy self-treatment to more than a quarter of a million people around the world.
- Her second book, MELT Performance: A Step-by-Step Program to Accelerate Your Fitness Goals, Improve Balance and Control, and Prevent Chronic Pain and Injuries for Life, focuses on re integrating joint stability and repatterning muscular timing to improve coordination, boost sports performance, and reduce the risk of repetitive stress injuries.
- What started as homework for her private clients has become an international brand and educational training program. Sue has spent decades assimilating groundbreaking science and research into a one-of-a-kind self-treatment method to empower people to become their own Hands-Off Bodyworker®.
Has MELT been reviewed by experts?
- MELT has been reviewed by internationally respected doctors, neuroscientists, and connective tissue researchers, including Ben Domb, M.D.; Tom Myers; Gil Hedley, Ph.D.; Robert Schleip, Ph.D.; and Jean Pierre Barral, D.O. Each expert has recognized that MELT is grounded in scientific principles and offers extraordinary benefits. MELT is currently being used in hospitals and physical therapy offices as a rehabilitation tool to empower clients to accelerate improvements and get back into their active lifestyle.
- Research is proving that MELT restores the elasticity of the connective tissue and reduces unwanted stiffness that causes this tissue to become less able to stabilize joints and support daily movements. Scientific research into the efficacy of the MELT Method was presented at the Fourth International Fascia Research Congress in Washington, DC, in September 2015.
Is MELT like other modalities?
- Although MELT is a complementary self-care technique that can be combined with other therapeutic treatments and exercise workouts, it is unlike any other modalities because it directly addresses an entirely different system of the body. MELT is to the neurofascial system (nervous and connective tissue system) what exercise and rehabilitation are to the musculoskeletal system. The scientific principles and direct self-treatment of the neurofascial system are being introduced to the general public for the first time by Sue Hitzmann and MELT.
- What’s more, adding MELT to your current routine can boost the results of whatever else you’re doing. If you get hands-on therapy, such as massage, bodywork, chiropractic, or physical therapy, MELT helps to prolong your practitioner’s intervention and lets you practice self-care between sessions.